"Mindz That Matter" Me STOP
What we can do to support children and young people.
Do you feel helpless? Are you struggling? Do you need someone to listen to your issues and problems? Do you feel confused by how you are feeling? Sometimes, things can start to get on top of you, and you may feel like you cannot cope. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone. Mindz That Matter can help work through these challenges by providing you with the right skills and tools to help you cope.
Are any of these things upsetting you or making you feel this way?
- School – bullying/exam stress/friendships/relationships with staff
- Home issues- issues with siblings, parents, parental break up,
- Sleep issues
- Panic attacks
- Thoughts you do not understand
- Relationships- friendships/boyfriend/girlfriend
- Online related issues e.g., bullying
- Suicidal Thoughts
Mindz that matter Me STOP
Speaking to someone, like a therapist or counsellor can help you find the right tools and techniques to help make your feelings more manageable. Mindz That Matter is here to help you build resilience and have the skill set to achieve a positive mental wellbeing.
If you are reading this and are feeling overwhelmed by your emotions, please use the following advice for support:
- Speak to someone you trust and explain how you are feeling: this could be a friend, family member, teacher or Doctor
- Do not be afraid to cry- releasing emotions can help you to feel better afterwards
- Stop or reduce any negative behaviours e.g.: not eating properly, spending hours on social media
- Try to get outside into the fresh air- a walk can change your mindset
- Find a distraction- listen to music, play a game, ring a friend, exercise